Our Strawberry Vale School
- The school we learn in today opened in 1996 and cost $5.4 million dollars to build
- It was designed by Patkau Architects to blend into and foster access to natural surroundings
- It was built to maximize energy efficiency with natural, non-toxic materials
- There was quite a bit of controversy surrounding the building, design, cost and appearance of the new school.
- 1995-1997 saw the development of the pond and native plant garden projects. Find out more about these incredible legacies here
- In 1997 the boulevard was planted with trees during Wildlife Week.
- In 2001 Strawberry Vale School achieved "Jade" status with SEEDS, having completed 250 activities related to environmental education and stewardship. In 2004 we achieved "Emerald" status (500 activities) and finally "Earth" status in 2007 (1000 activities)!
- To read some of the newspaper articles published about Strawberry Vale Elementary over the past 20 years, click here!